Coversion to ACE - Final Countdown to March 31st
After years of development, preparation, and delays, the first of the CBP-mandated date for use of ACE for entry filing is March 31, 2016. Schenker is ready.
Customs and Border Protection (CBP) previously set two new dates for filing in ACE based on the entry scenario, and advised that throughout the summer of 2016, additional entry scenarios will be introduced as it pushes to convert all activity to ACE. Following is a recap of the CBP requirements.
March 31, 2016
- Entry summaries with no participating government agency (PGA) data, except foreign trade zone (FTZ), quota, and warehouse entries.
- Cargo release and entry summaries for shipments that involve the Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS) for Lacey Act or the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), unless paired with other PGA data.
May 28, 2016
- In addition to the entry summaries, cargo release will be mandatory when no PGA data is required.
- Cargo release and entry summaries for FTZ entries with no PGA data, except when subject to quota.
- Filing requirements for PGA data are the same as the March 31st requirements.
Summer 2016 (Specific dates to be determined by CBP)
- Quota entries, including FTZ entries subject to quota
- Warehouse entries
- Entries subject to additional PGAs
Schenker Filing Status
Following its early adoption plan, Schenker previously met the March 31st requirements and already nearly meets the May 28th requirements as we are filing almost all entries in ACE Cargo Release. FTZ entries are currently being converted on an individual client basis. We are actively preparing for the functionality that will become available in the summer or later in 2016. As the additional PGAs prepare to come on board we will provide guidance to affected importers on the information that is required to satisfy the new electronic data elements to secure these agency releases.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your ACE entry activity please contact your Schenker brokerage office.
Last modified: 06.04.2016