Guarantee your imports
Protection for all your importing needs
Schenker’s Customs Bond Solutions improves importing efficiency. When you’re ready to import your products to the U.S., you need the right bond solution to help clear your shipment.
Schenker makes selecting the right bond – and obtaining it – easier than ever.
What is a Customs Bond?
A Customs bond is a financial guaranty between 3 parties: the Insurance/Surety company issuing the Customs bond, the Principal (who is required to file the bond), and Customs & Border Protection (CBP). The Customs bond guarantees Customs & Border Protection that if they cannot collect monies due from the Principal they can seek remedy, up to the bond amount, from the Insurance/Surety company. The Customs bond also indemnifies the Insurance/Surety company, allowing them to use any legal means to collect from the Principal any monies that were paid to CBP on the Principal’s behalf.
Customs Bond Services at-a-glance: Know that your bonds are in compliance with Schenker’s dedicated team of corporate compliance professionals. Schenker’s internal compliance controls include on-line procedures, self audits, KPI measurements, and ongoing training.
Customs Bond Services at-a-glance:
- Single Entry Bonds: Our experts will cover you specifically for one shipment.
- Continuous Bonds: DB Schenker covers all your import shipments to all U.S. ports for up to one year.
- Drawback Bonds: Limit your risk by ensuring reimbursement of overpayments (duty) to customs if found to be excessive.
- Customs Bonds Consulting: Our customs consulting services will analyze your shipments to increase efficiencies.
- Small to large businesses: We provide a wide array of customs bond services to family-owned businesses as well as Fortune 500 organizations.
- Importer Security Filing Bonds: We reduce paperwork and administration for you, translating to less headaches and more time for your business.
- Complete bond solutions for ALL of your needs: Whether you need an Importer Bond, ISF Bond, Drawback Bond, Carrier Bond, Foreign Trade Zone Bond, Carnet, or any other type of bond, we have you covered.
Last modified: 26.04.2017