Logistics for winners
International sporting events have long ceased to be just about the sport itself. Not only are major sporting events planned years beforehand, the programs of events that accompany them are as well.
The logistics experts at DB SCHENKERsportsevents specialize in major sporting events - developing logistics concepts for organizers, hospitality programs, sponsors, suppliers and media well in advance.
DB SCHENKERsportsevents provides logistics services for:
- International Federations (IF’s) and National Federations (NF’s)
- National Olympic Committees (NOCs)
- National Paralympic Committees (NPC’s)
- Organizing Committees of major sports events (OCOG’s and / or LOC’s)
- Companies in sport sponsoring
- Broadcasters and Rights Holders
- Media and Press Agencies
- Event Agencies
- Suppliers, Merchandises, and Licensors
Our sports logistic concepts include services for:
- Test events
- Competion Events
- Non Competion Events and Venues
- Sports Exhibitions and Congresses
- Torch relays and Queens Baton Relays
When developing and implementing logistics concepts, the project planners at DB SCHENKERsportsevents not only provide the required land, air and ocean transport services, but also coordinate worldwide transport, warehouse and venue logistics.
Our sports logistic services include arranging:
- Complex customs formalities
- Secure distribution methodologies
- Order picking / packing activities
- Just-in-time deliveries to venues
Within DB Schenker’s global network, our logistics concepts have no boundaries. DB Schenker has extensive experience in the provision of logistics services to large international sporting events.
We recognize that organizing major sport events demands detailed planning to ensure the services meet the criteria of the respective Organizing Committee and its customers.
DB Schenker has established its own competence centers based on its years of experience in specific fields. Our main areas of focus include:
- Olympic & Paralympic Games
Last modified: 22.02.2017