Business Update Middle East
Qatar Diplomatic Situation to Impact Logistics Operations in Gulf Region
Several Arab countries cut diplomatic ties with Qatar and closed land, sea and air borders. The closure will impact freight and logistics operations in and out of Qatar.
(Doha, June 8th, 2017 – 12pm) We would like to update our network partners and customers on the recent developments in Qatar.
- Several countries (Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Yemen, Libya, Maldives) have cut diplomatic ties with Qatar.
- Air, land and sea borders have been closed, essentially cutting off the flow of goods between the above mentioned countries and Qatar.
- Land Border Abu Samra between Saudi Arabia and Qatar is closed, no trucks can pass.
- All airlines from the seven countries mentioned above have stopped their flights to and from Qatar effective June 6th 2017. Lufthansa, British Airways, Turkish Airlines, Kuwait Airways, Oman Air, and Cargolux operate as scheduled to and from Doha.
- Currently, no air freight bookings are accepted to Doha on Emirates, Etihad, flydubai, Air Arabia, Gulf Air, Egypt Air, and Saudia.
- No bookings are accepted on Qatar Airways to all airports in the seven countries mentioned above. Qatar Airways flights to countries not included in the ban are operating as scheduled.
- Dnata will not accept any air freight shipments from UAE to Qatar, including transit shipments via a third country.
- DP World terminals in Dubai and Abu Dhabi no longer accept any ocean freight bookings to Qatar, including transshipment cargo.
- No ocean freight bookings are accepted between Qatar and the seven countries mentioned above.
- Transshipment cargo via UAE is currently suspended.
The DB Schenker office in Qatar is fully operational and in close contact with respective authorities. For immediate support or questions please contact our office:
Schenker Logistics WLL Qatar
Mr. Henning Zimmermann
Phone: +974 4499 5755 Fax: +974 4499 5756
Mobile: +974 – 5587 3895
Our teams in the involved countries are working on clarifying the exact impact on supply chains and identifying alternative freight solutions for our clients.
Updates will be provided regularly.
DB Schenker Middle East & Africa
Last modified: 08.06.2017